Did you know? Imagery can change health!!!
One of the researcher from Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine in London, UK J.H. Gruzelier conducted a review of studies.
They were all focused on effectiveness of hypnosis and guided imagery targeting immune functions.
All results were amazingly positive:
- The review provided evidence of beneficial immune system change, enhanced mood and well-being.
- Hypnosis buffered the effects of stress on immune functions
- Targeted imagery for both immune function and mood were used and definitely improved mood and reduced levels of clinical depression and anxiety.
- Immune functions were up-regulated, notably increasing functional natural killer cell activity toward viral infection.
- All this resulted in almost halved recurrence of herpes simplex symptoms.